snd_pcm_hw_params_get_tick_time
Shérab
2014-10-11 17:48:57 UTC
Hello,

I'm maintaing a TTS engine for french that use
snd_pcm_hw_params_get_tick_time. Compiling the code produces a
deprecation warning for this function. I tried to figure out how the
code should be modified to not use this function but can't find a way.
Any help would be warmly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shérab.
Clemens Ladisch
2014-10-11 20:36:11 UTC
Post by Shérab
I'm maintaing a TTS engine for french that use
snd_pcm_hw_params_get_tick_time. Compiling the code produces a
deprecation warning for this function. I tried to figure out how the
code should be modified to not use this function but can't find a way.
Allow me to present the current implementation:

int snd_pcm_hw_params_get_tick_time(const snd_pcm_hw_params_t *params, unsigned int *val, int *dir)
{
*val = 0;
return 0;
}

What is the engine trying to do with this value?

Regards,
Clemens
Shérab
2014-10-12 11:21:57 UTC
Dear Clemens,

Many thanks for your helpful response!
Post by Clemens Ladisch
int snd_pcm_hw_params_get_tick_time(const snd_pcm_hw_params_t *params, unsigned int *val, int *dir)
{
*val = 0;
return 0;
}
LOL! Good idea to look at the code, sorry I didnd't have it myself!
Post by Clemens Ladisch
What is the engine trying to do with this value?
Looking at the code more closely, it uses the val argument in a printf
before writing something else into it and does not use the dir arguemnt
at all, so I guess the call can be simply removed but I'm double checking
with the other developers of theengine.

Thanks for your help!

Shérab.