Audio Mini-Summit info updates
Takashi Iwai
2014-10-10 10:46:59 UTC

some information updates about Audio Mini-Summit:

* Venue

we'll have the room 110 for our meeting in Dusseldorf Congress
Center. The LPC web page shows the map:
http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2014/directions-and-transportation/

* Schedule

The room will be open from 8:30AM, so I think we can start at 9:00AM,
if there is no objection. The registration for LPC is open at
8:00AM.

Dylan has a talk for ELCE at 12:15PM:; should we put the UCM discussion
afternoon or better done in morning before?

* Pre/post-meeting events

I added new fields in the attendee list for dinners on Monday and/or
Tuesday. Please update by yourselves. (URL see below)

The restaurants aren't decided yet at all, I'm looking for it.
Are German restaurants interesting in general? It's usually not the
best choice for Vegetarian, though. I have been at Dusseldorf only
once, so have little idea. If you have a recommendation or a
suggestion, it'd be appreciated!

***

For those still haven't signed up or missed the announcement:

we'll have the Audio mini-summit at Dusseldorf, Oct. 14, along with
Linux Plumbers Conference and other Linux Foundation meetings. For
joining, just add your name to the attendee list below, which is a
Google doc everyone can edit:
http://goo.gl/VbXLPW

The proposed topics are seen in:
http://goo.gl/JSasQ9

Note that you'd need a pass for LPC or other LF conferences to enter
the building. It's the only restriction.

Takashi
Vinod Koul
2014-10-11 13:19:14 UTC
Post by Takashi Iwai
Hi,
* Venue
we'll have the room 110 for our meeting in Dusseldorf Congress
http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2014/directions-and-transportation/
* Schedule
The room will be open from 8:30AM, so I think we can start at 9:00AM,
if there is no objection. The registration for LPC is open at
8:00AM.
Dylan has a talk for ELCE at 12:15PM:; should we put the UCM discussion
afternoon or better done in morning before?
Also can we club topics so that we have some sense of flow and continuty in
the discussions...
Post by Takashi Iwai
* Pre/post-meeting events
I added new fields in the attendee list for dinners on Monday and/or
Tuesday. Please update by yourselves. (URL see below)
Was about to ask about it :) I added Hotel where folks are staying to help
coordinate dinners.
Post by Takashi Iwai
The restaurants aren't decided yet at all, I'm looking for it. Are German
restaurants interesting in general? It's usually not the best choice for
Vegetarian, though. I have been at Dusseldorf only once, so have little
idea. If you have a recommendation or a suggestion, it'd be appreciated!
Yes places with veg options please.
--
~Vinod
***
Takashi Iwai
2014-10-11 15:30:18 UTC
At Sat, 11 Oct 2014 18:49:14 +0530,
Post by Vinod Koul
Post by Takashi Iwai
Hi,
* Venue
we'll have the room 110 for our meeting in Dusseldorf Congress
http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2014/directions-and-transportation/
* Schedule
The room will be open from 8:30AM, so I think we can start at 9:00AM,
if there is no objection. The registration for LPC is open at
8:00AM.
Dylan has a talk for ELCE at 12:15PM:; should we put the UCM discussion
afternoon or better done in morning before?
Also can we club topics so that we have some sense of flow and continuty in
the discussions...
Yes, I added the Category field in the topic list, so that we can sort
and assign to the time slots. Please check my classification is
correct for each topic.
Post by Vinod Koul
Post by Takashi Iwai
* Pre/post-meeting events
I added new fields in the attendee list for dinners on Monday and/or
Tuesday. Please update by yourselves. (URL see below)
Was about to ask about it :) I added Hotel where folks are staying to help
coordinate dinners.
It's a good idea. Updated my field.
Post by Vinod Koul
Post by Takashi Iwai
The restaurants aren't decided yet at all, I'm looking for it. Are German
restaurants interesting in general? It's usually not the best choice for
Vegetarian, though. I have been at Dusseldorf only once, so have little
idea. If you have a recommendation or a suggestion, it'd be appreciated!
Yes places with veg options please.
Is baked potato with salads OK for you? The lack of vegetarian foods
is the shortcoming of German restaurants. OTOH, they are local
brewers, so good for beer drinkers :)

If more vegetarian options are preferred, we can look for Italian or
other international cuisine. Or even Japanese restaurants.
Dusseldorf is known to be "little Tokyo" in Germany, and there are
really lots of Sushi and others.

Takashi
Vinod Koul
2014-10-11 15:04:51 UTC
Post by Vinod Koul
Post by Takashi Iwai
Hi,
* Venue
we'll have the room 110 for our meeting in Dusseldorf Congress
http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2014/directions-and-transportation/
* Schedule
The room will be open from 8:30AM, so I think we can start at 9:00AM,
if there is no objection. The registration for LPC is open at
8:00AM.
Dylan has a talk for ELCE at 12:15PM:; should we put the UCM discussion
afternoon or better done in morning before?
Also can we club topics so that we have some sense of flow and continuty in
the discussions...
Yes, I added the Category field in the topic list, so that we can sort
and assign to the time slots. Please check my classification is
correct for each topic.
Looks good to me
Post by Takashi Iwai
Post by Vinod Koul
Post by Takashi Iwai
The restaurants aren't decided yet at all, I'm looking for it. Are German
restaurants interesting in general? It's usually not the best choice for
Vegetarian, though. I have been at Dusseldorf only once, so have little
idea. If you have a recommendation or a suggestion, it'd be appreciated!
Yes places with veg options please.
Is baked potato with salads OK for you? The lack of vegetarian foods
is the shortcoming of German restaurants. OTOH, they are local
brewers, so good for beer drinkers :)
Salad is okay for me. I am flexible for food so as long as there is some
non-meat options, I can manage :)
Post by Takashi Iwai
If more vegetarian options are preferred, we can look for Italian or
other international cuisine. Or even Japanese restaurants.
Dusseldorf is known to be "little Tokyo" in Germany, and there are
really lots of Sushi and others.
Sushi isn't veg. Sorry but we dont consider sea food as veg.
~Vinod
Takashi Iwai
2014-10-11 15:45:43 UTC
Post by Takashi Iwai
Post by Vinod Koul
Post by Takashi Iwai
The restaurants aren't decided yet at all, I'm looking for it. Are German
restaurants interesting in general? It's usually not the best choice for
Vegetarian, though. I have been at Dusseldorf only once, so have little
idea. If you have a recommendation or a suggestion, it'd be appreciated!
Yes places with veg options please.
Is baked potato with salads OK for you? The lack of vegetarian foods
is the shortcoming of German restaurants. OTOH, they are local
brewers, so good for beer drinkers :)
Salad is okay for me. I am flexible for food so as long as there is some
non-meat options, I can manage :)
OK.
Post by Vinod Koul
Post by Takashi Iwai
If more vegetarian options are preferred, we can look for Italian or
other international cuisine. Or even Japanese restaurants.
Dusseldorf is known to be "little Tokyo" in Germany, and there are
really lots of Sushi and others.
Sushi isn't veg. Sorry but we dont consider sea food as veg.
Oh, don't worry, I know there are real vegetarian foods in Japanese
restaurants, as my wife is vegetarian, too.

Takashi
Vinod Koul
2014-10-11 15:51:49 UTC
Post by Takashi Iwai
Post by Vinod Koul
Post by Takashi Iwai
If more vegetarian options are preferred, we can look for Italian or
other international cuisine. Or even Japanese restaurants.
Dusseldorf is known to be "little Tokyo" in Germany, and there are
really lots of Sushi and others.
Sushi isn't veg. Sorry but we dont consider sea food as veg.
Oh, don't worry, I know there are real vegetarian foods in Japanese
restaurants, as my wife is vegetarian, too.
Ah I forgot about that. Yes would love to try japanese.
~Vinod
Mark Brown
2014-10-13 15:17:52 UTC
So where and when are we meeting up for this? I'm staying at the Hilton,
but I can easily get to CCD or Raddison Blu...
Likewise... or are we just punting to tomorrow?
David Henningsson
2014-10-13 15:22:26 UTC
Post by Mark Brown
So where and when are we meeting up for this? I'm staying at the Hilton,
but I can easily get to CCD or Raddison Blu...
Likewise... or are we just punting to tomorrow?
There's a sign at the entrance of CCD (Entrance South) saying "Tuesday,
Audio Mini-Conference, Room 110". I assume that's us :-)

// David
Lars-Peter Clausen
But that's not where you get the food ;)
Takashi Iwai
2014-10-13 16:03:49 UTC
At Mon, 13 Oct 2014 17:55:46 +0200,
Post by Lars-Peter Clausen
Post by David Henningsson
Post by Mark Brown
So where and when are we meeting up for this? I'm staying at the Hilton,
but I can easily get to CCD or Raddison Blu...
Likewise... or are we just punting to tomorrow?
There's a sign at the entrance of CCD (Entrance South) saying "Tuesday,
Audio Mini-Conference, Room 110". I assume that's us :-)
But that's not where you get the food ;)
Yep :)

David, would you join for dinner this evening?
We'll meet up at Radisson hotel at 6:30PM, or at the restaurant "Da
Capo" at 7:00PM.

Takashi
Vinod Koul
2014-10-13 15:31:29 UTC
Post by Lars-Peter Clausen
Post by David Henningsson
Post by Mark Brown
So where and when are we meeting up for this? I'm staying at the Hilton,
but I can easily get to CCD or Raddison Blu...
Likewise... or are we just punting to tomorrow?
There's a sign at the entrance of CCD (Entrance South) saying "Tuesday,
Audio Mini-Conference, Room 110". I assume that's us :-)
But that's not where you get the food ;)
Takashi has booked a table at restaurant "Da Capo" at 7:00PM, we are meeting
up at Raddision lobby at 6.30, feel free to join us :)
~Vinod
Nick Stoughton
2014-10-13 13:28:21 UTC
So where and when are we meeting up for this? I'm staying at the Hilton,
but I can easily get to CCD or Raddison Blu...

*______________________________*
*Nick Stoughton*
*Aether Things Inc *
*San Francisco*
+1 (510) 388 1413
Post by Vinod Koul
Lars-Peter Clausen
2014-10-11 15:40:26 UTC
If more vegetarian options are preferred,[...]
Yes, but unless we end up at a Steak restaurant I think I'll be fine (and even
there they have salad ;)).

Thanks,
- Lars